In 1946, the Thomasville Church of God In Christ was erected in Thomasville, Alabama on Preacher Street. In 1947 the church was dedicated under the leadership of the late Elder P. H. Henderson. In the fall of 1955, Bishop C. A. Ashworth appointed the late Elder B. T. Henry as Pastor.
On May 9, 1990, Elder Jimmy Allen was appointed by Bishop C.A. Ashworth to be installed as Pastor. Under his leadership, God put Elder Allen’s faith to a test and on August 25, 2002, TCOGIC entered a “Debt-free” edifice at 1200 Church Drive in Thomasville.
The history of Thomasville COGIC is of people who are dedicated to loving, serving, and worshipping God with their whole hearts.
Our church has a perpetual task of carrying the glorious gospel of Christ the Savior to its community. This includes the spiritual, physical, mental, social, emotional, cultural development as well as economic and financial needs of the respective individual and family members in our community.